Our Case Manager provides assistance to those unable to work due to medical and/or mental health issues, and who need to apply for federal disability benefits. This program helps individuals get the services they need to be stable.
- Assessing medical and mental health issues to determine possible SSI/SSD eligibility; getting acquainted with the client’s medical, educational, social and work history.
- Assisting clients in seeking medical treatment when necessary, and acts as an advocate for the client during medical appointments.
- Transporting individuals to necessary doctor appointments and SSA evaluations to ensure access to treatment, DSS, and SSA throughout the application and appeal process.
- Advocating and coordinating services with other professionals involved with the SSI/SSD case.
- Gathering all available documentation to support the SSI/SSD application and assisting throughout the appeal process as required.
If you need assistance, contact our Disability Care Manager: Heather Wagner, (585) 658-4466 Ext. 24 or firstname.lastname@example.org